How Did We Turn Our Passion For Travel to An African Safari Company?
Wito Africa Safaris is a result of Abdullie’s natural passion for handcrafting once-in-a-lifetime experiences, and his genuine love for people, wildlife and conservation in Africa. Read More
Firstly, it is important to point out that everyone’s journey to start a travel business is different. Only a handful of people are fortunate enough to have someone alongside through the trials and tribulations. Luckily, Abdullie got his early start in the industry from his late brother Naseeb, who showed him the ropes and fostered in him his deep love of the Tanzanian wilderness.
Here’s a short summary of Abdullie’s journey in the safari industry:
- Graduated from the Marketing and Tourism Management Advanced Diploma program at the BC Institute of Technology in Vancouver, Canada.
- After gaining valuable work experience with travel agents in Vancouver, he moved back to Tanzania in 2013. There he worked alongside his two late brothers, who were among the best guides in the country.
- Next, he traveled to Serengeti and Tarangire where his late brother owned and operated collection of tented safari camps. Abdullie worked as a Sales and Marketing Director.
- In his marketing role, Abdullie explored all angles of Tanzania’s remarkable national parks. He nurtured strong relationships with property owners, personnel, local suppliers, and some of East Africa’s most renowned safari guides.
- Ultimately, Abdullie successfully elevated the company’s international profile by exhibiting at leading travel shows around the world, including; We Are Africa [South Africa], the Travel and Adventure Show [New York, Los Angeles, San Francisco], World Travel Market [UK, South Africa], ITB [Berlin], INDABA [South Africa], Karibu and Kili Fair [Tanzania] and the Magical Kenya Travel Show [Kenya].
- Prior to establishing Wito Africa, Abdullie was a co-owner of a luxury boutique safari company based in California. He played a key role in growing the young company.