Our Passion For Travel – Why We Love African Safaris?
What motivates us to travel? Our passion for travel led the way to our purpose, a true ‘calling’ to help protect African wildlife through responsible tourism. With over fifteen years in the safari tourism industry, our founder offered tailor-made African safari experiences long before Wito Africa was born.
How Does a Passion for Travel Become a Calling?
Revealing Our Secrets …
Combining passion and purpose is one of our top secrets to crafting unforgettable heartfelt safari experiences for our clients. Wito Africa Safaris is dedicated to bringing luxurious one-of-a-kind safari experiences to guests from all over the globe!
We focus on showing our clients the hidden details of the never-ending beauty of Eastern and Southern Africa. Having discovered every nook and explored even the most remote corners, from the peaks and valleys of the African wilderness, we create extraordinary experiences capped with the excellent service of professional, friendly and adventurous private guides.
Falling in love with nature has never been easier. You will experience the breathtaking world of the wild in motion. Our promise is that every travel experience that we create will be as unique as a zebra’s stripes. We work hard from start to finish to ensure that every trip is personalized, authentic and life changing.
Most importantly, we take pride in making sure your safari is safe so you can experience the magic of the African wilderness with confidence and complete peace of mind. “Every calling is great when greatly pursued.” — Oliver Wendell Holmes
Meet the Founder and Managing Director
At The Heart of the Untamed Wilderness We Found An Endless Passion for Travel
Coming from the north-eastern part of Africa, Tanzania, Abdullie Mfinanga grew up alongside creatures one would normally only watch on National Geographic.
Abdullie was inspired by the beauty of the wild land, and fell deeply in love with the incredible animals and surrounding Mother nature. He grew up in a wild-world filled with majestic safari animals. Imagine a tower of tall-necked giraffes, a march of gentle elephants, dazzling zebras, big cats and even endangered rhinos!
His desire was ignited to protect wildlife through his recollection of such wildlife roaming freely in vast sanctuaries without borders or fences. Ultimately, his passion to show this raw beauty to the wider world through responsible tourism drove him.
How Did We Turn Our Passion For Travel to An African Safari Company?
Wito Africa Safaris is a result of Abdullie’s natural passion for handcrafting once-in-a-lifetime experiences, and his genuine love for people, wildlife and conservation in Africa. Read Less
Firstly, it is important to point out that everyone’s journey to start a travel business is different. Only a handful of people are fortunate enough to have someone alongside through the trials and tribulations. Luckily, Abdullie got his early start in the industry from his late brother Naseeb, who showed him the ropes and fostered in him his deep love of the Tanzanian wilderness.
Here’s a short summary of Abdullie’s journey in the safari industry:
- Graduated from the Marketing and Tourism Management Advanced Diploma program at the BC Institute of Technology in Vancouver, Canada.
- After gaining valuable work experience with travel agents in Vancouver, he moved back to Tanzania in 2013. There he worked alongside his two late brothers, who were among the best guides in the country.
- Next, he traveled to Serengeti and Tarangire where his late brother owned and operated collection of tented safari camps. Abdullie worked as a Sales and Marketing Director.
- In his marketing role, Abdullie explored all angles of Tanzania’s remarkable national parks. He nurtured strong relationships with property owners, personnel, local suppliers, and some of East Africa’s most renowned safari guides.
- Ultimately, Abdullie successfully elevated the company’s international profile by exhibiting at leading travel shows around the world, including; We Are Africa [South Africa], the Travel and Adventure Show [New York, Los Angeles, San Francisco], World Travel Market [UK, South Africa], ITB [Berlin], INDABA [South Africa], Karibu and Kili Fair [Tanzania] and the Magical Kenya Travel Show [Kenya].
- Prior to establishing Wito Africa, Abdullie was a co-owner of a luxury boutique safari company based in California. He played a key role in growing the young company.
A mission to conserve and protect Abdullie has been working in the industry for over 15 years: photographing beautiful landscapes, reaching the tallest mountain in Africa – the peak of Mount Kilimanjaro, witnessing the glimmering white sandy beaches of Zanzibar and watching countless behind-the-scene encounters of diverse creatures in the wild ecosystem. He and his team of wildlife enthusiasts have developed a strong responsibility towards eco-tourism, finding never-ending new ways to improve the local welfare and to increase the protection of various endangered species.
Giving Back to Our Community!
In my world, not many native Tanzanians get an opportunity to run their own business, a chance to go to high school/college, let alone get an education abroad; so I want to make mine meaningful and make a difference in the lives of women and children in Tanzania through sustainable tourism. I am making a contribution out of every safari sold towards sponsoring students and families who cannot afford to send their children to secondary school due to limited household income.“ ~ Abdullie Mfinanga, Founder.